SUMMIT JUNTO MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
This Agreement is designed to help ensure a safe environment for Summit Junto members to share, learn, and build meaningful relationships. All members must abide by the following policies, which herein comprise the Summit Junto Membership Agreement. Gifting memberships is not a common practice at Summit Junto. As such we kindly request you keep your membership terms confidential.
The fundamental pillars of Summit Junto are listed below. Confidentiality, Commitment, Respect, and Curiosity.
Confidentiality - as the foundation of the trust needed to create a safe space for myself and my fellow members to show up fully and openly. This means that anything another group member shares is their property and belongs entirely to them and anything I share belongs to me.
Commitment- Commitment to this group and the choice to make this process a high priority in my life. This means I will make whatever arrangements needed to fully participate at my meetings so that I can give my time, presence and dedication to the group.This means being punctual, fully present and participatory in all meetings.
Respect - Respect both for myself and my fellow Summit Junto members as we come from different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, races and life experiences. This means that I will be open to different perspectives and continue to evolve and expand my own points of view. I will not harass anyone sexually, verbally or otherwise. I will not discriminate based on race, gender, sexuality, etc. I will not solicit members unless invited to do so.
Curiosity - Curiosity as a pathway for my own growth in this experience, showing that I am open to learning from and with my Summit Junto group. This means I am willing to actively listen to my fellow members with curiosity and be open to the unknown, both internally and externally. I accept and embrace the diversity of perspectives across the Summit Junto community.
As a community, we are constantly learning, unlearning, and growing. Together, we maintain trust and safety by holding clear boundaries and committing to the Membership Agreement. Members must affirm each year that they understand and commit to the Membership Agreement. Violations of this agreement, including breaking confidentiality, could result in a loss of membership without refund of annual membership fee.
Membership, Commitment, and Attendance
In order to maintain your membership in Summit Junto, it is vital that you proactively participate in your Summit Junto group as outlined within the Summit Junto Member Portal and pursuant to the following criteria: By joining as a Summit Junto member, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old, you are not barred from participating in Summit Junto for any reason, and you will continue to meet all eligibility criteria we require. At all times, you will provide only true, current, and complete information and you will be responsible for all actions associated with your membership and maintaining all accurate information while a Summit Junto member.
Summit Junto Opening Plenary
Upon acceptance into Summit Junto, you will be assigned to a Cohort before your group is curated. Your Cohort is a larger group of people who are onboarded to the Summit Junto at the same time. Each Cohort will launch before individual groups are paired and will kick-off with a virtual Opening Plenary event. The Opening Plenary will set the tone for the year to come. In this session we will establish expectations, onboard you to the new experience, and train you in what makes a successful Summit Junto experience.
In addition to setting proper expectations, the intention of this experience is to foster more connections outside of your smaller Summit Junto group. Attendance at this event is required for participation in Summit Junto.
Terms of Service
Your Summit Junto membership will begin on the date of your Cohort launch, which starts with a virtual Opening Plenary. After completion of the first year, your membership will end unless you decide to renew as a paying member. We will send you an email reminder and request for payment 60 days before the end of your membership. Of course, your participation is voluntary. If you elect not to contribute to your Summit Junto group as required, or you wish to leave Summit Junto or your group, you may do so by sending a non-renewal email to firstname.lastname@example.org or updating your membership information via the member portal no fewer than 45 days before the end of the year to remain in good standing. We are not responsible for Acts of God, force majeure occurrences, including widespread health crises or government orders, and your membership does not depend on the foregoing issues. We have a few more options. We may terminate your membership immediately if you breach any part of this Agreement, fail to provide prompt payment, or for any reason upon notice to you. Upon the expiration or any termination of your membership, you agree (1) to return any Summit materials to us promptly upon our request and (2) that the provisions of The Legal Stuff section below will survive indefinitely.
The Legal Stuff
FIRST LESSON IN SUMMIT JUNTO: DON’T RUSH THOUGH THE LEGAL LANGUAGE. ALWAYS READ IT THOROUGHLY. THERE IS IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS SECTION REGARDING YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND LIMITED RIGHTS. BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THROUGH, UNDERSTAND, AND ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THE FINE PRINT, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
We have not made, will not make, and hereby expressly disclaim any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding Summit, Summit Junto, your group, or the results, whether monetary or otherwise, of your membership in Summit Junto, including without limitation any representations or warranties that participation in Summit Junto will result in any particular amount or level of business or career success or failure.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Summit, its officers, directors, employees, contractors, mentors, speakers, attendees, and representatives, and other Summit Junto members (collectively, “Summit Parties”) harmless from any claims, liabilities, obligations, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) resulting from your negligence, willful misconduct, or breach of this Agreement.
Confidentiality and Nondisclosure
Member agrees that (SHE/HE) may not disclose the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including the amount discounted or any offers made under this Agreement for the membership that is the subject of this agreement to any person or entity, except as may be lawfully ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, (1) we will not be liable for any damages in connection with this Agreement, including but not limited to direct, consequential, special, indirect, punitive, exemplary, or incidental damages, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, and (2) you hereby knowingly and voluntarily accept all risk to your health, well-being, and tangible and intangible property and of your injury or death that may result from participating in Summit Junto, and you release Summit Parties from all liability to you and your personal representatives, estate, heirs, next of kin, and assigns for all causes of action for loss of or damage to your property and for all illness or injury to you, including your death, that may result from or occur during your participation in Summit Junto.
Ownership, Licenses, & Usage
We own all intellectual property associated with or created or provided by Summit Junto in connection with your membership. This includes Summit Junto’s trademarks, licenses, and feedback. You do not have the right to use, distribute, or modify any of our rights unless we specifically authorize you to do so. You own and are responsible for content that you make available through Summit Junto, and this must be compliant with laws, our Membership Agreement, and cannot infringe on anyone else’s rights. We may use your content at our reasonable discretion and with your consent. Everything in this Agreement is governed by applicable law (including everything you do, post, create, or discuss).
The membership granted under this Agreement is personal to you and may not be assigned, in whole or in part, to any other person or party.
Arbitration & Disputes
You should feel able and encouraged to come to us with any questions, concerns, and feedback you may have during your membership. If there is a dispute or controversy, we agree to work with you in good faith to find a mutually agreeable resolution and this may involve mediation. Any disputes arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York and shall be resolved under binding arbitration in New York, New York. You agree that your sole and exclusive remedy will be to engage in arbitration that shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures with us and any Summit Parties. Arbitration will be binding and on an individual basis. This means you will not have, and you will waive, the right to proceed in a class or consolidated capacity and that a judge or jury will not decide your claims.
The illegality, invalidity, or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement (as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction) shall not affect the legality, validity, or unenforceability of the remaining provisions, and this Agreement shall be construed in all respects as if any illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision were omitted. This Agreement encompasses our and your entire understanding and agreement with respect to Summit Junto and supersedes all earlier discussions, understandings, or agreements between us. Any changes to this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by both you and us.
SMS MOBILE MESSAGE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We (hereinafter, “Summit Junto”) are offering a mobile messaging program (the “Program”), which you agree to use and participate in subject to these Mobile Messaging Terms and Conditions (“Program Terms”). By opting in to or participating in the Program, you accept and agree to these Program Terms, including, without limitation, your agreement to resolve any disputes with Summit through binding, individual-only arbitration, as detailed in the “Dispute Resolution” section below. These Program Terms are limited to the Program and are not intended to modify other agreements or terms and conditions that may govern the relationship between you and Summit in other contexts.
1) User Agreement to Receive Text Messages. You agree to receive SMS mobile messages from Summit at the phone number you provided when you signed up for your subscription, and any additional or updated phone number you provide as a contact number in connection with your subscription. Regardless of how you joined the Program, you agree that these Program Terms apply to your participation in the Program. You agree to receive autodialed, prerecorded, or predetermined mobile messages at the phone number associated with your subscription, and you understand that your consent to receive these messages is not required to make any purchase. While you consent to receive messages sent using an autodialer, the foregoing shall not be interpreted to suggest or imply that any or all of the mobile messages you receive from Summit are sent using an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS” or “autodialer”). Message and data rates may apply.
2) User Opt Out. If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to these Program Terms, you agree to reply STOP to any mobile message from Summit in order to opt out of the Program. You also may email Summit with your phone number and the subscription for which you wish to opt out of the Program at email@example.com. You may continue to receive SMS messages while we process your request, and you may receive a mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that the foregoing options are the only reasonable methods of opting out of the Program. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than those set forth above or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out.
3) Duty to Notify and Indemnify. If at any time you intend to stop using the mobile telephone number that has been used to subscribe to the Program, including canceling your service plan or selling or transferring the phone number to another party, you agree that you will complete the User Opt Out process set forth above prior to ending your use of the mobile telephone number. You understand and agree that your agreement to do so is a material part of these terms and conditions. You further agree that, if you discontinue the use of your mobile telephone number without notifying Summit of such change, you agree that you will be responsible for all costs (including attorneys’ fees) and liabilities incurred by Summit, or any party that assists in the delivery of the mobile messages, as a result of claims brought by individual(s) who are later assigned that mobile telephone number. This duty and agreement shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD SUMMIT HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH YOUR DUTY TO NOTIFY SUMMIT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS SECTION, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY UNDER THE TELEPHONE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT, 47 U.S.C. § 227, et seq., OR SIMILAR STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS, AND ANY REGULATIONS PROMULGATED THEREUNDER RESULTING FROM SUMMIT ATTEMPTING TO CONTACT YOU AT THE MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBER YOU PROVIDED.
4) Program Description. Without limiting the scope of the Program, users can expect to receive messages concerning the management of the user’s digital subscription, events, available products and services, and special promotions.
5) Cost and Frequency. Message and data rates may apply. The Program involves recurring mobile messages, and additional mobile messages may be sent periodically based on your interaction with the Program.
6) Support Instructions. For support regarding the Program, text “HELP” to the number you received messages from our email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the use of this email address is not an acceptable method of opting out of the program. Opt-outs must be submitted in accordance with the procedures set forth above.
7) Our Disclaimer of Warranty. The Program is offered on an “as-is” basis and may not be available in all areas at all times and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other changes made by your wireless carrier. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in the receipt of any mobile messages connected with this Program. Delivery of mobile messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator and is outside of Our control.
8) Participant Requirements. You must have a wireless device of your own, capable of two-way messaging, be using a participating wireless carrier, and be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging service. Not all cellular phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions.
9) Dispute Resolution. 9.1) In the event that there is a dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Summit or any other third-party service provider acting on Our behalf to transmit the mobile messages within the scope of the Program, arising out of or relating to the Program, federal or state statutory claims, common law claims, this Agreement, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, such dispute, claim, or controversy will be, to the fullest extent permitted by law, determined through binding arbitration or, if applicable, in small claims court. 9.2) Any arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules or, if applicable, the Consumer Arbitration Rules, of then in effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, this arbitration agreement is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) and the arbitrator shall apply the substantive laws of Delaware, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Within ten (10) calendar days after the arbitration demand is served upon a party, the parties must jointly select an arbitrator with at least five years’ experience as an arbitrator and have experience with the subject matter of the dispute. If the parties do not agree on an arbitrator within ten (10) calendar days, a party may petition the AAA to appoint an arbitrator, under the applicable rules, who must satisfy the same experience requirements. In the event of a dispute, the arbitrator shall decide the enforceability and interpretation of this arbitration agreement in accordance with the “FAA”. The parties also agree that the AAA’s rules governing Emergency Measures of Protection shall apply in lieu of seeking emergency injunctive relief from a court. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding, and no party shall have rights of appeal except for those provided in section 10 of the FAA. If allowed for by the applicable rules, each party shall bear its share of the fees paid for the arbitrator and the administration of the arbitration; however, the arbitrator shall have the power to order one party to pay all or any portion of such fees as part of a well-reasoned decision. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have the authority to award attorneys’ fees only to the extent expressly authorized by statute or contract. Unless expressly allowed for by applicable law, the arbitrator shall have no authority to award punitive damages and each party hereby waives any right to seek or recover punitive damages with respect to any dispute resolved by arbitration. The parties agree to arbitrate solely on an individual basis, and this agreement does not permit class arbitration or any claims brought as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative arbitration proceeding. Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration without the prior written consent of both parties, unless to protect or pursue a legal right. If any term or provision of this Section is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Section or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. If for any reason a dispute proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the parties hereby waive any right to a jury trial. This arbitration provision shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
10) Miscellaneous: You warrant and represent to Summit that you have all necessary rights, power, and authority to agree to these Terms and perform your obligations hereunder, and nothing contained in this Agreement or in the performance of such obligations will place you in breach of any other contract or obligation. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Any new features, changes, updates or improvements of the Program shall be subject to this Agreement unless explicitly stated otherwise in writing. We reserve the right to change this Agreement from time to time. Any updates to this Agreement shall be communicated to you. You acknowledge your responsibility to review this Agreement from time to time and to be aware of any such changes. By continuing to participate in the Program after any such changes, you accept this Agreement, as modified.